“Oregon Coast Playground”
Florence is located on the Oregon Central Coast. The Old Town village part of Florence is adjacent to the Port of Siuslaw on the Siuslaw River.
There are over 20 lakes in the area. The Oregon Coast Dunes stretch for 40 miles and include staging areas for off-road vehicles.
Florence has many miles of wide beaches and wilderness trails.
The world-famous attractions Heceta Lighthouse and the Sea Lion Caves are north of town.
The phrase “Oregon Coast Playground” describes the many activities for all ages that can be found in Florence.
Some of the many activities and their distances from Sutton Lake Cottage are listed below.
The cottage is 6.8 miles from the Three Rivers Casino and Resort.
- 1/4 mile to Sutton Lake boat launch ramp
- 2.2 miles to Sutton Recreational Area miles of trails
- 4 miles to Fred Meyers
- 6 miles to Heceta Beach
- 7 miles to Heceta Lighthouse
- 6.6 miles to Florence Old Town and Port of Siuslaw
- 5 miles to Coastal Fitness Health Club – Olympic size pool, large 90-degree therapy pool, sauna, fitness machines, water aerobics, fitness classes
- Over 20 lakes in the area
- Oregon Coast Dunes starts in Florence and goes south 40 miles
- 3 miles to C and M Stables, beach and trail rides
- 5 miles to world famous Sea Lion Caves
- 9 miles to Honeyman Park, Cleawox Lake and Dunes, kayak rental and swimming in summer
- 10 miles to Woahink Lake
- 13 miles to Dunes City, Tsiltcoos Lake